Sunday, 25 June 2017

Abyss Museum - Dear Princess

Hello lovelies,

I ordered the dress "dear princess" in black by Abyss Museum on May 1st from Loli-Loli paradise.

The white version of the dress

It says der princess but it really is dear princess.
It was said to be ready in 10-20 days but the owner of loli-loli paradise informed me that it would take until mid-June. Lucky for me I needed the dress only in October, so that was no problem at all.
On the 16th of June I got the message that my parcel was sent with DHL(!) and would arrive shortly. I had already ordered a few times with the company and they never sent with DHL so I was a bit surprised. And I know that the overnight express is super expensive so that was another surprise because I didn't pay for it. But it all worked out well and I reveived the parcel on Monday the 19th of June. Hooray for fast shipping.

The dress came without a box or something to protect it. The DHL pakage was also plastic, therefore I am very happy that nothing happened to it.

The dress came with a waist tie.

The material of the dress is a kind of cotton blend (?) in anthracite with blue-ish flourish. The portrait prints are very well made and look beautiful. The golden/yellow-ish flourish is mabe a bit too portruding and strong, but that is just my opinion.
There are no loops for the waist tie.
I made three different pictures with the dress. The first is how the dress looks like when put on a hanger.

The second set ist how the dress looks like on my dressing doll.
I like how Empress Elisabeth and the other woman (any idea who she is?) look like you walked in on them talking about you.

The whole dress with one layer of petticoat looks like this:
More petticoat would defnitely go better with the dress.

Here are more details:

How do you like this dress?

All the best,

Auris Lothol

Tuesday, 20 June 2017


Hello lovelies,

I am proud to share all of my Ariel pictures with you today. Most of the time I hate my cosplay after I am done because I spot too many differences or I didn't sew it nicely enough but strangely for Ariel I don't feel those things. Instead I really like that cosplay. Imagine that.
All the pictures were made in Munich by my dear friend and photographer Souly from Blur of color.
If you want to see how I did the cosplay, here is the blog entry.



This is my favourite picture!


How do you like the pictures?

All the best,

Auris Lothol

Sunday, 18 June 2017

Blue dress

Hello lovelies,

I was at a wedding last weekend and for that occasion I made myself a cute dress. The theme was blue and silver and I really have no blue or silver dress. What a shock. Luckily I found an amazing fabric at my local fabric store.

My pattern looked like this:
The pattern on the left is for the back. 

As for the skirt part I almost never do a paper pattern but draw directly on the fabric, cut, and then hope for the best.

I pinned everything together and checked the fit.
Afterwards I sewed in the lining and checked the fit again. The bottom pictures are already close to what it will look like afterwards. The pins hold the outer fabric and the inner lining in place.

Of course I also had to try it on. Remember the pins? Yes, ouch.

I made the lining too short infront (if you look closely on the first pictures of this batch you'll see the lighter stripe ending at boob height) and therefore added some more lining.

I didn't want to make it visible from the outside and therefore I couldn't sew it the standard way because the double fold whould have been visible. But this method worked pretty well for me, although it doesn't look that nice from the inside. But no one will see the inside.

I used blue thread to sew everything. Again it looks good from the outside.

I forgot to take pictures of the seam which was the step before adding the zip. Oh well, never mind. I sewed in the zip but wasn't able to align both sides evenly. Booh.
But I finished the dress at this part.
Well, almost.
I decided to add a cute bow at the back.

I wore the dress for the wedding and it was a big hit. My make-up reminded me a bit of wonder woman, which was (un)intentional.

All the best,

Auris Lothol